Sunday 3 April 2011

Fashion & ethics ... Not that deep :/




So on this Sunny Sunday, I took a trip to my favourite haunt Spitafields with the intentions of purchasing a picture frame… I think you know where this story is going! My addiction and lourve for clothing is one that runs deep. So lemme get to the point I came across a really cool stall which sells organic and ethical tshirts. That go by the name of Organik Rocka which is an amalgamation of fashion music and consciousness. All the things I try to stand for! I based a predominant part of my dissertation on Ethical Fashion which has unfortunately go by the the way side however ! Ethical fashion will slowly but very surely be reintroduce to my wardrobe. If we all just stepped away from the primarks of the highstreet and used our buying power, don't get it twisted people we as consumer have serious command on the high street and have been for a good 5years or more... Demanded more ethical fashion and organic goods like we do with with our food. The world will be a better place. Now where were we ... oh yes Organik Rocka, now apparently they have gigs and parties … Seems like a movement I look forward to being a part of. Check out their website organikrocka.com I treated myself to there ‘star tee’ shown above in a green colourway. The cotton is gorgeously soft and well made. The charming Kai who was on the stall explained to me that, the cotton was particularly an aspect on their business which they were passionate about getting on point.

Glasses without shades..

I mossied on from the sparkling contemporary glassed roof Spitafield market to the erm after thought smaller market which is closest to Brick Lane and its trendy Big Chill bars and the like. I found some really cool shades, which were like 80's vintage goliath - Run DMC stylie shades however they were frames with a see through lens i.e., not serving it’s purpose !! I really L O V E these frames but I feel a fraud buying glasses with a see through lens. Guys help me … Will I just look like a fash victim !?!?! I said just earlier I aspire to be conscious … :/

I'm Reeeeeallly sorry for my long absence i pinky promise to keep you all fashion lovelies informed of my ever long finds xx




Ciao for Now !

No comments:

Post a Comment