Thursday 2 June 2011

Culture Vulture...

I've been meaning to blog about this for ages ...contemporaray african clothing !

a style that goes on forever... In light of this summer trend with mix prints, I think the use of various african batik style prints give a twist and elegant way of doing this trend without looking to much like one has gone through one too many charity shops :/

Sika Design is one of my favourites, advertised in glossy such as Vogue & Grazia  i may have mentioned on daily site Rubinubi Splendia about her before.All her clothing handmade in Ghana, I purchased a shirt of hers which has certainly stood the test of time..
Cherry Jumpsuit £89.00 by Sika Design

Bubble Dress - Hand Made in Ghana . £130 by Sika Design.
She has an online boutique which contain adorable african cloth dress, skirts and shirts. What is distinctive about her clothing are that they excellently executed, has great tailoring and fierce contemporary design. Outfits that can be worn in day and take you to the evening.

I recently came across amazing designer Max Osterweis film maker turned designer is the chief executive and creative director of the fair-trade clothing line SUNO. His home is in Brooklyn, his home away from home has become Lamu in Kenya. Which you'll see has inspired his amazing collection - where is incorporates vintage Kenya materials and new.






now ALDO is doing it for the high street !!

I saw these wicked wedges in Aldo today £65 not bad eh ?!



Ciao for now :) 




3 comments:

  1. I have loved SIKO for almost several years now. as per the aldo shoes I passed, because everyone had them!! but nonetheless they were fly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the blog! i hope you continue to enjoy :). I have also been an avid fan of Sika, I know what you mean about the Aldo shoes however get them out next summer i bet you 2p people will be asking where you purchased them from lol! xx

    ReplyDelete